Adult Services

Current statistics show that 1 in 5 adults experience a mental illness in any given year, yet less than half of them get the support that they need. We understand that asking for help can be difficult. We're here to let you know that you're not alone.

If you are an adult who has Medicaid, Healthy Michigan Plan, uninsured or underinsured (meaning no mental health coverage) and you are experiencing symptoms of a serious mental illness, intellectual or developmental disability, or a substance use disorder, you may be eligible for behavioral health treatment through LifeWays. There are many treatment options available through the LifeWays Provider Network. You will have the ability to help decide your own treatment and goals with a Person Centered Plan designed by you and your treatment team.

If you are struggling to decide whether you should seek treatment, you can take our confidential online mental health screening, which may help you determine whether what you're experiencing might be mental illness.

Private Insurance
If you have private insurance, you can either call the number listed on the back of your insurance card or you can call Central Michigan 2-1-1 who can assist you in finding a behavioral health provider in your network.

Medicaid, Healthy Michigan
If you have Medicaid or Healthy Michigan Plan, please call us at 517.789.1200 and our staff members will be happy to talk to you about the symptoms you are experiencing. We may do a screening with you over the phone or ask you to come in for an assessment.

If you do not have insurance, please call us at 517.789.1200 to discuss your symptoms and situation with our staff. We may even be able to help you apply for Medicaid or Healthy Michigan Plan.

Regardless of your insurance, if you are in crisis, having suicidal thoughts, or thinking of self harm or harming others, please call our 24-Hour Crisis Line at 1.888.284.8288 or visit our office during business hours.