LifeWays Community Mental Health Services

Who We Are

LifeWays Community Mental Health provides behavioral health services to residents of Jackson and Hillsdale counties who have Medicaid, Healthy Michigan, uninsured or underinsured and a severe mental illness, intellectual or developmental disability, or substance use disorder. 

LifeWays manages the delivery of programs and services provided in-house as well as our Provider Network, comprised of more than 60 mental health providers.

LifeWays also helps all community members better understand, identify, and cope with mental illness through our education and wellness programs.

How Do I Access Services?
  1. Call us or walk in to our location in  Jackson or Hillsdale. No appointment needed.
  2. Meet with an Access Clinician who will determine your level of need
  3. Connect to Services
    1. In-House
    2. Provider Network
    3. Other Community Providers
Who Does LifeWays Serve?

We Help Everyone!
If you are unsure of where to go for your mental health, LifeWays is your place to start!

Crisis Services
Regardless of your insurance, if you are in crisis, are having suicidal thoughts, or are thinking of harming yourself or others, please call our 24-Hour Access Crisis Line at 800.284.8288 or walk into LifeWays for our Crisis R&R, Monday through Friday 10 am to 7 pm. 

Medicaid & Healthy Michigan
If you have Medicaid or Healthy Michigan Plan, please call LifeWays Access Crisis Line or walk into LifeWays during regular business hours. We will be happy to talk to you about the symptoms you are experiencing. We may do a screening with you over the phone and then ask you to come in for an assessment.

Uninsured or Under-Insured (aka No Mental Health Coverage)
If you do not have insurance or or do not have mental health coverage, please call us or walk in during regular business hours to discuss your symptoms and situation. We may even be able to help you apply for Medicaid or Healthy Michigan. With the Jackson and Hillsdale County Millage, we are now able to help more of our uninsured consumers then ever before.

Private Insurance
If you have private insurance, you can either call the number listed on the back of your insurance card or you can call Central Michigan 2-1-1 who will help you find a behavioral health provider in your network.